Rossiters Harley Davidson - Review about 2001 Harley Davidson Flhpi Road King from Bee Ridge, Florida
I purchased a 2001 FLHPI from Rossiters Harley Davidson in Sarasota,Florida on July 3,2015 and was guaranteed has the salesperson said " It was a really good bike!" Well, that was a lot of baloney!! I had a minor problem within the first four days with a bad battery, but that they replaced thankfully. Before the second payment had even cleared the bank I had a major problem. I had called Rossiters to see about getting an oil change because I could sense there was something not quite right. They said that I had to make an appointment. Well, this isn't my first bike and I've never had to make an appointment. So I took the bike to my regular shop to have the oil changed. When the mechanic drained the oil he called me over. He pointed out that there was metal shavings in the oil. I told him to start tearing it apart to see what the problem was. Well it didn't take long for him to find the problem. The cam chain tensioners had started to come apart. I was told by the owner of the shop that on that model the cam chain tensioners should have been replaced at 30,000 miles as part of a normal maintenance service, I bought my bike and it had over 32,000 miles on it. I asked my mechanic to go ahead and repair the bike for me. I went to Rossiters and told them of the problem and they acted like they could care less. They also asked why I didn't bring the bike to them for repairs and I told them that I had been dealing with the same motorcycle repair shop for the last 10 years and they had always been honest,fair and reasonable with me and I felt that they had been deceptive with me!
I didn't say anything else to them and haven't heard anything back except emails advising sales and events. Evidently, all Rossiters cares about is taking my money.
Granted I bought the bike used with no warranty but I feel the bike should have run longer then a month and a half before having to spend $1497.00 on a repair bill.
I love Harleys, but it will snow in the
Sahara before I ever spend any money at Rossiters Harley Davidson ever again!
Thank goodness there's plenty of other dealerships in Florida, and ones that have a better reputation than them. All I have to say is "Harley buyer, BEWARE of Rossiters Harley Davidson in Sarasota, Florida!"
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- 2001 Harley Davidson Flhpi Road King
- Review category
- Boats and Bikes
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a 200cc df motor scooter (mc-x61) from powersports max and the service was pretty good. However, when they sent the scooter, I did not receive the windshield, ..."
- "we bought 2 quads from them just before memerial weekend. 1 of the quads frame broke on day 2 (the rider was a 10year old little girl weighing no..."
- "To say Fishrite puts out a quality boat is a laugh!. I have a 24' Performer, a few months after I bought it my wife kept complaining that here legs..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "The bottom line - Nest makes fantastic, state-of-the-art, reliable products. I own 2 of the thermostats and just installed 5 outdoor nest cams at $200 / cam. The problem is..."
- "I have been a long time consumer of Newegg off on on for years, and have recently cheered them on the fight against Patent trolls. But recently I ordered..."
- "RENEE HAS CURSED ME OUT INSULTED ME RELIGIOUSLY AND RACIALLY WHILE SHE WAS UNDER PRESSURE OF LOSING CONTRACTS I HAVE TO ALSO SEEN HER GO THROUGH THE RESIDENTS PERSONAL BELONGINGS..."